A big step toward creating more
leaders for your community
Leading parenting workshops is an important and rewarding job,
but you can't reach every parent yourself. At the Training of
Trainers, you will learn how to train others to be Active Parenting
You will explore Active Parenting principles
in general and how to apply them to our suite
of three parenting programs:
First Five Years
Active Parenting 4th Edition, and
Active Parenting of Teens.
This portion of the training will be led by
Dr. Michael Popkin, author of the programs and founder of Active
Parenting Publishers, along with an experienced national trainer.
At the TOT you will . . .
- receive training and authorization to conduct
your own Leader Training Workshops (LTWs)and earn extra
- learn how to implement and publicize your
- save your organization money by training
its leaders internally
- enhance your presentation skills by working
in small groups
- network with fellow educators who understand
the challenges you face every day
- expand your professional opportunities
- learn how to teach group facilitation skills
that are important in any leadership position (including dealing
with difficult attendees)
- get advice from veteran Trainers about what's
worked and what hasn't worked for them
- learn the absolutes required for a successful
LTW, along with ways to adapt the course material for your particular
- become re-energized in this uplifting and
|After successfully completing
the Training of Trainers, you'll . . .
- be able to conduct Active Parenting Leader
- be able to charge fees for your workshops
- be authorized to provide certification to
- receive up to 21 clock hours from NBCC
- receive a video of your mock LTW presentation
|To participate in the TOT,
you must meet the following requirements:
- You must
have attended the Active Parenting Leader Training Workshop.
An Active Parenting 4th Edition LTW will be held in the
same location one day prior to the TOT. For other dates and locations,
check out our Leader Training Workshop
web page. Completion of the Online Leader Training
Workshop will also satisfy this requirement.
- You must be familiar with the program
content prior to the TOT. It
is best if you have led one or more parent groups, but we make
exceptions if you agree to lead a parent group after you attend
the TOT to complete your certification. Don't forget that you
may preview any program free for 30 days.
Dr. Michael Popkin
||Review of First Five Years program
||Training agendas and their use
||Key concepts for LTWs and parent groups
Preparation for presentation skills
of an effective trainer
of humor in presentations
(on your own)
||Presentation Skills Training
||Lunch (on your own)
||Post-test and review
Save $100 when you register
60 days before workshop!
60 days before the TOT and attend for only $549. . . that's $100
off the regular price of $649. Price includes
3 days of training, all workshop materials, certification, daily
snacks and the group dinner. Bonus: your registration entitles
you to take 15% off the cost of a program kit for this training.
Attending an Active Parenting: First Five
Years, Active Parenting 4th Edition , or Active
Parenting of Teens Leader Training Workshop is required before
attending the TOT. A workshop will be held one day prior to the
TOT. For other dates, check out our Leader
Training Workshop web page.