Turn everyday play into memorable learning experiences where
communication and discovery can flourish
Raising a Talker: Easy Activities for 0-3
by Renate Zangl, Ph.D.
The research is clear: Early, language-rich interactions give
young children a head start. Little tweaks and easy changes in
the way you play and engage with a child from birth can help jump-start
enormous learning potential.
The good news is that parents already have everything they
need to provide a language-rich environment from the earliest
moments: themselves-and their vocal cords, eyes, hands, and fingers-and
a desire to communicate with a little one.
Raising a Talker combines fun, easy-to-do activities
with research-based tips and developmental overviews. Learn how
to naturally transform play sessions in to meaningful language-learning
experiences. (216 pp.)
The book includes:
- Concise overviews of developmental changes and communication
milestones in children from birth to age three
- Specific communication and language goals for each activity
- Observation guides to gauge the child's skills
- Language checklists to track a child's communication and
language milestones quickly and easily
- Early warning signs for potential problems in communication
- And much more!